APRAISE: Assessment of Policy Interrelationships and Impacts on Sustainability in Europe
EU has formulated ambitious environmental policy targets which aim at forming the basis for a sustainable European growth. The focus on interrelationships and tradeoffs at each policy level, when designing efficient policy mixes can lead Europe to more significant sustainable pathways.
The “APRAISE – Assessment of Policy Impacts on Sustainability in Europe” offered European and national policy makers a more holistic understanding of the interaction of different policies so that efficient policies can be formulated.
APRAISE aimed to:
- Improve the decision basis for the selection of policy tools,
- Include policy interrelationships (synergies and trade-offs) into efficiency assessment and policy design,
- Develop an improved methodological framework for the ex-post and ex-ante assessment of environmental policies and policy mixes,
- Empirically assess the existing and planned environmental policies in selected sectors of EU Member States and expand the existing databases on multiple parameters of environmental policies,
- Evaluate the role of sustainable development indicators for impact assessment.
EU research project
Oct. 2011 - Sept. 2014
Budget € 2.760.877,24
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme FP7 under the grant agreement Nº 283121.